EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATIONS:
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or high school diploma or general education degree (GED).
• Two years experience working in a purchasing and scheduling function in the manufacturing industry.
• Two years experience working in a team environment – problem solving, conflict resolution, building cooperative relationships, and effective communications
• Five years of experience in the purchasing and scheduling field working with vendors, customers, management, marketing, sales, production, and engineering towards continuous improvement efforts and projects at the site level.
• Experience working in a union manufacturing plant is a plus
• A procurement and supply chain designation like APICS Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP) or Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) is a plus.
COMPETENCIES, SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
• Working knowledge of Excel and Microsoft Word and Outlook.
• Ability to communicate with multiple levels of vendors, customers, dealers, co-workers and management in order to achieve optimum plant performance
• Working knowledge of procurement and supply chain best practices and operating procedures related to logistics.
• Good organization/administrative and time management skills.
• Ability to work on multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
• High energy, self motivated, ability to be successful without direct supervision.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Background in procurement and supply chain systems or management
• Knowledge of Industrial Batteries and Chargers and/or Material Handling market a plus.
• Critical thinking and good troubleshooting technique.
OTHER CATEGORIES AS REQUIRED:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job the individual is regularly required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk and hear
• While performing the duties of this job the individual is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
• Ability to occassionally lift a minimum 25lbs and 26 to 150lbs with assistance of equipment
• Regular use of safety glasses and steel toed shoes. Limited use of respirator. Vision requirements; close vision.
• While performing the duties of this job, individual is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles
• Individual occasionally exposed to precarious places; toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock
• Noise level is minimal to loud
• Regularly is working in a lead contaminated area and must wear a uniform and safety shoes in that area to prevent the tracking and / or possible lead contamination of other clean areas or outside or the regulated areas