Assist the Technical Manager with the daily maintenance operations of the plant. Responsible for the technicians assigned to the department, the maintenance of plant equipment, and OSHA/EPA compliance of the equipment.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Responsible for the management of the Maintenance Department to ensure maximum utilization of maintenance employees to keep the plant running efficiently and minimizing equipment downtime
• Responsible for ensuring equipment is maintained to comply with all environmental and health and safety requirements
• Responsible for learning all equipment which requires a strong mechanical and electrical background
• Provides technical training and guidance for maintenance, supervisors and employees on equipment
• Responsible for ensuring preventive maintenance work orders are done on a timely basis and all PM’s are returned to be entered into our CMMS maintenance system
• Responsible for ensuring that the parts inventory is kept stocked at all times
• Responsible for projects related to equipment and other related maintenance issues
• Estimate Projects – Installation of new equipment
• Manage contractors and vendors as required
• Develop and maintain a working relationship with all departments and management insuring an ongoing connection with production teams
• Maintain Maintenance budget balancing the cost with equipment repair needs
• Manage systems and foster an environment of continuous improvement to maximize operational availability
• Engage department to follow health and safety practices as they apply to department and the facility to drive a strong safety culture continuously reducing injury rates
• Participate in training and development programs including all areas of environmental, health and safety issues, especially those dealing with proper handling of hazardous materials and hazardous waste.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• AS/AA Degree recommended and other training pertaining to mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems
• Have a minimum of 5 years experience demonstrating the ability to lead in the maintenance environment
• Excellent computer skills to include, but not limited to excel, word, power point; CMMS maintenance program
• Proven technical aptitude for chemical processes, electrical and mechanical equipment
• Highly motivated individual with good written communication and presentation skills
• Proven leadership skills with the ability to identify and develop the talents of maintenance personnel
• Basic math skills with the ability to do basic algebraic and geometric functions.
• Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions, work procedures, standard operating practices, and directions with or without immediate supervision
• Have independent problem-solving and decision-making skills
• Considerable standing and walking; must be able to wear respirator as required by job
• Ability to work all shifts and follow all environmental, health and safety procedures
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Able to see, hear and speak; able to sit, stand for at least two hours at a time, sit, bend, crawl, squat, kneel and climb able to use both arms and hands to use a computer and peripherals and lift 40 pounds from floor level, able to work below ground level in confined spaces and on stationary or mobile elevated platforms, able to wear respirator and other PPE as required, able to climb stairs. Able to work extended shifts and weekends as needed.
Able to work inside or outside the plant environment and in all climate conditions. Exposed to lead, fumes, chemicals, operating equipment, and vehicles.
Exide Technologies is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Exide Technologies (www.exide.com) is a global provider of stored electrical-energy solutions for the transportation and industrial markets. Exide’s 130 years of technology innovation combined with operations in more than 80 countries enables the company to deliver compelling solutions for the world’s current and future power needs. Exide produces and recycles a broad range of products, serving the Transportation, Industrial Network Power and Motive Power market segments with battery and energy storage systems and specialty applications for a broad range of industries including: agricultural, automotive, electric, light and heavy-duty truck, marine, materials handling, military, mining, powersport, railroad, security, telecommunications, utility and uninterruptible power supply (UPS), among others. Exide is Powering the World Forward - history and scale combined with a start-up mentality make Exide the right choice for customers who want more than simply a battery supplier.