The Exide Motive Power group designs and builds batteries, chargers, fleet management systems and related equipment for industrial electric fleets (forklifts and other material handling and production equipment)
The Applications Engineer – Industrial, Motive Power (MP) is the primary technical representative responsible for the daily Application Engineering activities of the Motive Power group. This individual must be able to interpret MP customer specifications and requirements, and then perform and analyze power studies to achieve customer approval. This position requires the ability to participate on cross functional teams as well as to track and monitor MP project status. The individual must be able to work across cultural boundaries and be expected to manage customer expectations on a global basis where needed.
This position also works in partnership with the Transportation and Network Power Applications Engineering groups for products and projects that cross multiple internal and market scopes. This position also works with the shared resources (labels, packaging specifications, liability, and product test lab) in the Applications Engineering department. This position will work and coordinate very closely with Motive Power Sales and the Product Managers in Marketing. This position requires a solid understanding of Motive Power Lift Truck Applications as well as a sufficient level of detail of customer needs for new product development.
Essential duties include the following; other duties may be assigned.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required
Education & Experience
• Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in an engineering field (Chemical, Mechanical, or Electrical)
• One to three years interfacing with customers in a technical capacity
• Ability to interpret customer technical specifications and industry standards
• Demonstrated project management experience and participation on cross functional teams
• Software Skills
• MS Office suite required including advanced ability in the areas of Excel data analysis/presentation
• Office in design / production facility, with occasional customer and plant visits. Must be able to work remotely using portable PC connectivity
• Must be able to occasionally work in a lab or warehouse environment with hands-on handling of lead acid batteries and battery components while using required personal protective equipment. Lifting requirement of 50 lbs. typical
• Domestic travel when needed (approx 20%-30%.) Must be able to travel by air with minimum restrictions. Some global travel required typically 1-3 times per year for approximately one-week duration
Exide Technologies is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Exide Technologies (www.exide.com) is a global provider of stored electrical-energy solutions for the transportation and industrial markets. Exide’s 130 years of technology innovation combined with operations in more than 80 countries enables the company to deliver compelling solutions for the world’s current and future power needs. Exide produces and recycles a broad range of products, serving the Transportation, Industrial Network Power and Motive Power market segments with battery and energy storage systems and specialty applications for a broad range of industries including: agricultural, automotive, electric, light and heavy-duty truck, marine, materials handling, military, mining, powersport, railroad, security, telecommunications, utility and uninterruptible power supply (UPS), among others. Exide is Powering the World Forward - history and scale combined with a start-up mentality make Exide the right choice for customers who want more than simply a battery supplier.