Supervise and direct the Maintenance support department along with supervising and managing all services needed to keep the equipment, buildings, and infrastructure at the Vernon facility in good operational condition. Provide other plant supervision needs related to operations, environmental, project over site, etc. Responsible for budgeting and maintaining maintenance spend.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each of the following duties. Reasonable accommodation will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Direct Exide personnel & contractors in maintenance activities at the facility. Make sure all personnel are working with the required environmental and safety procedures and have been properly trained in all areas of the required functions.
• Directly manage the Maintenance Management System (MP2) and maintain the required backup documents.
• Manage the Budget and Cost Control of the Maintenance /Services areas of the plant.
• Provide oversight for work plans and mitigation plans to ensure compliance, including the required documentation required by the respective regulatory agencies.
• Review and collate all required documents related to approved DTSC work plans and AQMD mitigation plans. Provide comprehensive training to Exide employees or contractors assigned to perform the tasks.
• Provide weekly safety training for hourly employees as mandated by Exide.
• Facilitate impromptu inspections from AQMD and DTSC and City inspectors.
• Provide back-up coverage as CP2 supervisor for vacations and other forms of absences, sickness, FMLA, etc.
Education, Experience, Certification
• High school diploma.
• Minimum of ten (10) years of working experience in facilities/plant maintenance functions.
• Knowledge of Air Permits, RCRA, and Title V requirements.
• DOT Hazmat
• Experience supervising people.
Competencies, Skills, Knowledge
• Good interpersonal skills a must for working in a team environment and the proper temperament to host impromptu and planned inspections from all regulatory agencies.
• Professional computer software skills (i.e., Microsoft Office – Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.).
Exide Technologies is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Exide Technologies (www.exide.com) is a global provider of stored electrical-energy solutions for the transportation and industrial markets. Exide’s 130 years of technology innovation combined with operations in more than 80 countries enables the company to deliver compelling solutions for the world’s current and future power needs. Exide produces and recycles a broad range of products, serving the Transportation, Industrial Network Power and Motive Power market segments with battery and energy storage systems and specialty applications for a broad range of industries including: agricultural, automotive, electric, light and heavy-duty truck, marine, materials handling, military, mining, powersport, railroad, security, telecommunications, utility and uninterruptible power supply (UPS), among others. Exide is Powering the World Forward - history and scale combined with a start-up mentality make Exide the right choice for customers who want more than simply a battery supplier.