The Corporate Business Process / Supply Chain Black Belt will lead complex and strategic projects to improve business drivers aligned with strategic goals. In this role, you will serve as an expert in the application of improvement tools, such as Lean Six Sigma (LSS), Business process Kaizens, and Continuous Improvement. Additionally, you will provide CI training and coaching to others and manage multiple activities, monitor results, and champion lean six sigma initiatives throughout the value chain.
• This role will be part of a highly skilled team of change agents working with all functional areas of the business as well as customers and suppliers.
• Candidate will develop, execute, and sustain effective process improvements that deliver results utilizing Lean Six Sigma (LSS) methodologies within the Business Processes and Supply Chain activities.
• Duties will include execution of projects, data analysis and preparation, and training employees in Lean Six Sigma methodology application, and developing control plans and MDI to ensure sustainability of results
• Facilitate value stream and business process mapping sessions to identify and prioritize improvement opportunities that align with business objectives.
• Provide leadership for cross-functional process improvement teams in support of continuous improvement activities.
• Identify and solicit requirements from executive leadership to support continuous improvement projects.
The right candidate will possess excellent leadership and facilitation capabilities, customer centricity, problem solving, data analysis, change management, workflow simplification, process improvement, and project management skills/capabilities.
• Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certification
• Minimum 4 year technical degree in science, math, engineering, or business
• 8-10 years’ experience in industrial manufacturing, distribution and office environment with demonstrated track record in delivering productivity and cost improvement results.
• 5+ years’ experience leading site/corporate level continuous improvement projects with a focus on productivity and cost improvement.
Competencies, Skills, Knowledge:
• Working knowledge and proven application of Lean Six Sigma principles and philosophies
• Ability to understand customer / client issues and creatively apply solutions to real-world issues with world-class results. Understand customer satisfaction drivers and prioritize customer needs
• Project Management Skills - Ability to organize and schedule people and tasks; Use goals to guide actions and create detailed action plans; manage multiple projects
• Ability to foster cross-team learning and team building skills
• Execution oriented, with a strong sense of urgency around tangible results
• Able to demonstrate leadership without formal authority and assume role of authority as necessary; advocate new ideas, even when risk is involved; delegate responsibility and empower teams to make decisions; provide constructive feedback to others
• Strong written, oral communication, and presentations skills
• Experience in team development – problem solving, conflict resolutions, building cooperative relationships, and effective communications
• Excellent facilitation and polished interpersonal skills
• Ability to stay objective and fair when dealing with sensitive situations
• Ability to apply systems thinking to generate solutions; focus on process rather than isolated events; Use tools to define problems; Be systematic in identifying problem areas and opportunities
• Being open to change (positive or negative) in response to new information, different or unexpected circumstances, and/or to work in ambiguous situations.
• Ability to work independently in fast-paced environment with little supervision.
• Prior experience using word processing, spreadsheet, statistical analysis, and presentation software.
• Travel is required (<50%)
Exide Technologies is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Exide Technologies (www.exide.com) is a global provider of stored electrical-energy solutions for the transportation and industrial markets. Exide’s 130 years of technology innovation combined with operations in more than 80 countries enables the company to deliver compelling solutions for the world’s current and future power needs. Exide produces and recycles a broad range of products, serving the Transportation, Industrial Network Power and Motive Power market segments with battery and energy storage systems and specialty applications for a broad range of industries including: agricultural, automotive, electric, light and heavy-duty truck, marine, materials handling, military, mining, powersport, railroad, security, telecommunications, utility and uninterruptible power supply (UPS), among others. Exide is Powering the World Forward - history and scale combined with a start-up mentality make Exide the right choice for customers who want more than simply a battery supplier.