Responsible for the management of facility environmental, health and safety programs required to ensure conformance with corporate policies and compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
• Evaluation, coordination and implementation of programs, policies, practices and activities to control air emissions, monitor industrial wastewater treatment and discharges, manage and minimize solid and hazardous waste, and to manage activities required under the Clean Air Act, Clean Water Act, Toxic Substances Control Act, the Emergency Planning and Community Right to Know Act and all other applicable environmental laws and regulations.
• Overall supervision of programs and activities required under the Occupational Safety and Health Act.
• Auditing of facility programs to ensure compliance with applicable regulations.
• Supervision of facility inspections, maintenance of required records and timely submittal of required reports to regulatory agencies.
• Coordination of environmental improvement projects as required.
• Coordination with Corporate EHS Department on facility programs, activities and responses to regulatory agencies.
• Training and oversight of facility personnel performing environmental, health and safety duties.
• Supervision of the EHS staff at the facility including Supervisors, Laundry /Custodial and Wastewater treatment/Baghouse teams.
• Maintain OSHA 300 Log.
• Drive safety improvement projects.
• Follow Lean Manufacturing procedures.
• Comply with current Quality Systems requirements.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Plant Manager and EHS leadership.
Education, Experience, Skills Required:
• Bachelor’s degree in environmental/Safety, or related field is required for this position.
• We are looking for 5-8 years of experience in EHS.
• Professional certification preferred (CSP, CIH, CHMM, etc.)
• Well-developed written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret federal, state and local regulations and technical procedures.
• Comprehensive knowledge of EHS laws and regulations.
• Ability to work effectively with other departments in the development of EHS programs.
• Leadership ability.
• Able to perform continuous walking, standing, and lifting.
• Capable of wearing a respirator.
• PC with various software, office equipment, PPE equipment as required
Exide Technologies is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Exide Technologies (www.exide.com) is a global provider of stored electrical-energy solutions for the transportation and industrial markets. Exide’s 130 years of technology innovation combined with operations in more than 80 countries enables the company to deliver compelling solutions for the world’s current and future power needs. Exide produces and recycles a broad range of products, serving the Transportation, Industrial Network Power and Motive Power market segments with battery and energy storage systems and specialty applications for a broad range of industries including: agricultural, automotive, electric, light and heavy-duty truck, marine, materials handling, military, mining, powersport, railroad, security, telecommunications, utility and uninterruptible power supply (UPS), among others. Exide is Powering the World Forward - history and scale combined with a start-up mentality make Exide the right choice for customers who want more than simply a battery supplier.