The primary responsibility of this position is to provide housekeeping duties; spill response duties in the process of solid, hazardous, and recyclable wastes; and inspection of and cleaning of Personal Protective Equipment
1. Handling, packaging and disposal of trash, recyclable material, and hazardous wastes or chemicals including operation of trash compactors.
2. Inspection and cleaning of Personal Protective Equipment.
3. Operate floor scrubber.
4. Cleaning break rooms, locker rooms, rest rooms, and office areas.
5. Audit of waste collection containers for proper container condition, storage, marking, labeling, and transport to disposal areas.
6. Perform respirator fit testing for employees as required.
7. Comply with current Quality Systems requirements.
8. Must be able to understand and communicate in simple English to receive training instruction and perform team responsibilities
9. Follow Excell Lean Manufacturing procedures.
10. Perform other duties as assigned by management.
Education, Experience, Skills Required:
High School diploma or equivalent
Basic reading, writing, and problem solving skills
Ability to work with minimal supervision.
Experience in using a personal computer for basic word processing and spreadsheets
Physically fit for continuous standing, walking, sitting, bending, twisting, and occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds.
Physically capable of wearing personal protective equipment including gloves, respirator, safety glasses,
and steel toed shoes in accordance with established policy.
Physically capable of occasionally working in extreme conditions (hot, humid, cold)
Janitorial equipment, respirator fit testing equipment, and personal protective equipment as required.
Exide Technologies is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Exide Technologies (www.exide.com) is a global provider of stored electrical-energy solutions for the transportation and industrial markets. Exide’s 130 years of technology innovation combined with operations in more than 80 countries enables the company to deliver compelling solutions for the world’s current and future power needs. Exide produces and recycles a broad range of products, serving the Transportation, Industrial Network Power and Motive Power market segments with battery and energy storage systems and specialty applications for a broad range of industries including: agricultural, automotive, electric, light and heavy-duty truck, marine, materials handling, military, mining, powersport, railroad, security, telecommunications, utility and uninterruptible power supply (UPS), among others. Exide is Powering the World Forward - history and scale combined with a start-up mentality make Exide the right choice for customers who want more than simply a battery supplier.