The Customer Quality Specialist will work with the sales, quality, and our manufacturing organizations, to ensure timely and permanent resolution of strategic customer quality concerns, supporting problem solving activities, risk analysis, and continuous monitoring to improve customer experience. This successful candidate will partner with Product and Process Engineering teams to understand customer concerns and improve quality of existing, as well as new products. This individual should have working knowledge of TS16949 Product Requirements, Automotive OEM expectations, and a range of manufacturing and distribution related problem solving skills. In an effort to drive Premier Customer Experience, efforts will focus on working directly with strategic customers to understand and validate alignment. This position will support 3 manufacturing locations in Kansas, Iowa, and Georgia.
• Manage warranty and customer returns to ensure proper evaluation, documentation, and corrective and preventive actions are completed on time
• Lead and facilitate customer based Exide plant audits and related follow up – preparation, participation, review and completion of actions, and communication with related plant staff
• Coordinate the data collection and report out for strategic customer required data reports
• Work in a team environment to problem solve customer concerns and complaints and link actions and outcomes to Control Plans, PFMEA’s, plant inspection points, and customer return processes
• Participate or conduct customer internal audits (system, process, and product)
• Understand customer requirements and areas of concerns
• Provide related training to plant teams to meet customer requirements
• Participate in new product development and process improvement activities, and related projects
• Report out on tests requested by customers
• Monitor and update KPI’s related to customers - PPM, warranty, non-conformances, claim status, etc.
• Work within established policies, procedures, practices, and regulations
• Become the voice of Exide with strategic customers in quality related discussions
• Support and respond to strategic customer needs
Educations, Experience, Certifications:
• Minimum of 4 year degree in engineering, quality, or a related technical field such as chemistry or physics
• Six Sigma training (Green Belt or Black Belt) preferred
Competencies, Skills, Knowledge:
• Demonstrated leadership skills
• Proficient in problem solving – root cause analysis, 5 why, etc.
• Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and specifications
• Must be quality and customer oriented
• Knowledgeable in ISO / TS16949 quality standards; APQP methodology; Control Plans, FMEAs, and PPAPs
• Knowledgeable in Six-Sigma and Lean tools
• Familiarity with Quality Operating Systems
• Must be able to work independently and in a team-oriented environment on multiple projects
• Strong verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong computer skills - Windows-based programs
• Project management skills – demonstrated proficiency in planning, organization, prioritization, and follow up of activities for effective and timely resolution of issues
• Demonstrated experience and ability in understanding customer requirements and focus on their satisfaction
• 5-8 years related experience as a quality or applications engineer in a manufacturing plant level with strong customer interface, preferably a tier I supplier to the automotive industry.
TRAVEL, ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
• Travel Expectations: ≤ 40%
Exide Technologies is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Exide Technologies (www.exide.com) is a global provider of stored electrical-energy solutions for the transportation and industrial markets. Exide’s 130 years of technology innovation combined with operations in more than 80 countries enables the company to deliver compelling solutions for the world’s current and future power needs. Exide produces and recycles a broad range of products, serving the Transportation, Industrial Network Power and Motive Power market segments with battery and energy storage systems and specialty applications for a broad range of industries including: agricultural, automotive, electric, light and heavy-duty truck, marine, materials handling, military, mining, powersport, railroad, security, telecommunications, utility and uninterruptible power supply (UPS), among others. Exide is Powering the World Forward - history and scale combined with a start-up mentality make Exide the right choice for customers who want more than simply a battery supplier.