Directs Hub personnel (production supervisor and warehouse workers). Responsible for all Hub operations including preparing and managing budgets, shipping and receiving, warehouse management, inventory controls and maintaining all EHS & quality to corporate standards. Works within established policies, procedures, practices, and regulations as outline for a HUB, branch or spoke operation.
Additional duties may be that of a Spoke (or Branch Manager) and will be responsible for all receiving, routing and shipping of cross dock shipments from the HUB. Additionally, will be responsible for supervising coordinator, warehouse personnel and drivers assigned to the Spoke or Branch.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Manages all Hub /Branch personnel, including employment decisions, performance evaluation and training as necessary.
• Reviews month end reports for Hub /Branch using JDE system and P&L's.
• Responsible for implementation of inventory controls and proper following of policies and procedures (cycle count, FIFO, order fulfillment).
• Maintains cost per unit delivered to budgeted account. Must be sure that each Hub /Branch is operating to its highest efficiency (lean initiatives, process improvement, and 5S).
• Responsible for logistics costs: warehouse, trucks, drivers and related expenses.
• Responsible for customer service: Orders, telemarketing, and delivery; order generation – existing customer growth through telemarketing. Shared responsibility with District Sales Manager.
• Management of receivables and warranty expense.
• Manage EHS, quality, and financial controls.
• Responsible to make sure all vehicles, including commercial, are operating within all federal, state, local and, corporate guidelines.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED), Bachelor's Degree preferred; or three to five years related experience and/or training particularly in a management capacity; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers.
• Must have experience in supervising personnel and with budgeting and cost containment.
• Working knowledge of Excel and Microsoft Word.
TOOLS & EQUIPMENT USED:
Personal computer including word processing, spreadsheet applications and E-Mail; telephone; copier; and facsimile. Occasional operation of warehouse equipment – forklift, pallet jack, charging stations, etc.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to operate, finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds or more. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to focus. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee fluctuates between an office and warehouse environment. The noise level is loud. Warehouse facilities are not climate controlled and can be both extremely cold and hot. Possible exposure to toxic or caustic chemicals. Company provides training and access to all necessary PPE (personal protective equipment.)
Exide Technologies is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Exide Technologies (www.exide.com) is a global provider of stored electrical-energy solutions for the transportation and industrial markets. Exide’s 130 years of technology innovation combined with operations in more than 80 countries enables the company to deliver compelling solutions for the world’s current and future power needs. Exide produces and recycles a broad range of products, serving the Transportation, Industrial Network Power and Motive Power market segments with battery and energy storage systems and specialty applications for a broad range of industries including: agricultural, automotive, electric, light and heavy-duty truck, marine, materials handling, military, mining, powersport, railroad, security, telecommunications, utility and uninterruptible power supply (UPS), among others. Exide is Powering the World Forward - history and scale combined with a start-up mentality make Exide the right choice for customers who want more than simply a battery supplier.