The Oxide Mill Operator controls & operates the oxide mills at the Salina facility. These mills produce lead oxide to be used in the manufacturing of battery plates.
• Must successfully complete level 2 material handling training and be licensed for the equipment used.
• Will be required to do some occasional heavy lifting.
• Must be able to understand and communicate in simple English to receive training instruction and perform responsibilities.
• Will work with one other employee (occasionally alone) in a room containing reactor pots, ball mills, electrical powered machinery, lead melting pots, cranes, rollers, belts, molten lead, computer and ventilation equipment.
• Will process an average of 1,100 to 1,500 pounds of oxide per hour, per reactor per 12hr shift in the Linklater process, or up to 2,000 lbs per hr in the ball mill process.
• Will be exposed to lead (dust, fumes, and molten form) and other hazards.
• Comply with safety and health regulations for the protection of self and fellow workers. Includes shower and shampoo at the end of each work shift.
• Must learn to follow quality control specs and procedures. Maintain accurate and timely SPC charts.
• Maintain a clean and orderly work area.
• 1Must satisfy attendance requirements as written in company policy.
• Perform testing to deterne free Pb’s every 2 hrs on each mill and turn in the results to QC lab.
• Must occasionally operate forklift to move lead hogs.
• Follow Lean Manufacturing Procedures.
• Comply with current Quality Systems Requirements.
• Perform other duties as assigned by management.
Education, Experience, Skills Required:
Small hand tools, control panels, hoists, data collection equipment.
Exide Technologies is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Exide Technologies (www.exide.com) is a global provider of stored electrical-energy solutions for the transportation and industrial markets. Exide’s 130 years of technology innovation combined with operations in more than 80 countries enables the company to deliver compelling solutions for the world’s current and future power needs. Exide produces and recycles a broad range of products, serving the Transportation, Industrial Network Power and Motive Power market segments with battery and energy storage systems and specialty applications for a broad range of industries including: agricultural, automotive, electric, light and heavy-duty truck, marine, materials handling, military, mining, powersport, railroad, security, telecommunications, utility and uninterruptible power supply (UPS), among others. Exide is Powering the World Forward - history and scale combined with a start-up mentality make Exide the right choice for customers who want more than simply a battery supplier.