The successful candidate will have a strong background in quality systems, various statistical analysis techniques for manufacturing, and problem solving methods and tools. Initial focus will be on using six sigma problem solving tools and partnering with the Product Engineering, Process Engineering, and Manufacturing teams at Exide’s Manufacturing and Engineering facilities worldwide in order to develop and improve Exide’s global capabilities in measurement methodologies and technologies. Future responsibilities will include leading complex and strategic projects to improve business drivers aligned with strategic goals through application of problem solving and improvement tools, such as Lean Six Sigma (LSS). Additionally, this candidate will participate in training and coaching others, manage multiple activities, monitor results, and champion lean six sigma initiatives throughout the value chain.
• Work with quality and engineering teams worldwide on new products and processes to identify proper measurement systems, gauges, and test methods evaluating compliance to all internal and external requirements
• Perform, lead, and coach on MSA and Gauge R&R studies
• Evaluate and improve SPC practices
• Establish and implement best practices, calibration standards and requirements globally
• Implement standards and best practices into Exide Global QMS and MES Systems
• Develop, execute, and validate sustainment of effective process improvements that deliver results utilizing Lean Six Sigma (LSS) methodologies
• Execution of projects, data analysis and preparation, and training of employees in Lean Six Sigma methodology application
• Develop control plans to ensure sustainability of results
• Work with Exide manufacturing plants to implement and improve QMS practices including process and product audits, CA/PA, NCMR, and Control Plan adherence
• Assist plant quality staff in periodic reports related to quality metrics for business reviews, including statistical data analysis and reporting templates
Educations, Experience, Certifications:
Competencies, Skills, Knowledge:
TRAVEL, ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
Exide Technologies is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Exide Technologies (www.exide.com) is a global provider of stored electrical-energy solutions for the transportation and industrial markets. Exide’s 130 years of technology innovation combined with operations in more than 80 countries enables the company to deliver compelling solutions for the world’s current and future power needs. Exide produces and recycles a broad range of products, serving the Transportation, Industrial Network Power and Motive Power market segments with battery and energy storage systems and specialty applications for a broad range of industries including: agricultural, automotive, electric, light and heavy-duty truck, marine, materials handling, military, mining, powersport, railroad, security, telecommunications, utility and uninterruptible power supply (UPS), among others. Exide is Powering the World Forward - history and scale combined with a start-up mentality make Exide the right choice for customers who want more than simply a battery supplier.